About Me

My photo
I am married and have two beautiful daughters. I have dabbled in numerous different crafts over the years. I haven't done any paper-crafting in a very long time. About 10 years ago I picked up a crochet hook and started a blanket for a friend. Like with many of us life got in the way and the project was moved to a box and never completed. In 2019, I severely broke my ankle and was confined to the couch for around 6 months. I picked my crochet hooks back up and haven't looked back. I still haven't finished that first blanket, but I have completed several others. I have even attempted to write a couple different patterns. So you will see this blog take on a new look as I start posting my crochet projects.

Search This Blog

A Baby Blanket I crocheted

I made this baby blanket for a friend's daughter. She gave it to her at one of her baby showers. This was the first item I have ever bee...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Instructions for Tri-fold card

Instructions for making the Baby’s First Easter Tri-Fold Card

Cut a piece of card stock 5 ½” x 12”
Score long edge at 2”; 4”; 8”; 10”
On short edge of paper align it at 1 ½” then put blade at 2” score mark and cut to 10” score mark
Remove paper and align other short edge at 1 ½” and repeat previous step

Here is an excellent link to a video to help with the folding (also shows how to cut the paper, but I do mine a little different). From Cardz TV

Instead of cutting strips of paper slightly smaller than each section I cut a larger front and back card section.

The front and back panel are cut the same way.

Cut two 5 ¼” x 3 ¾” pieces of patterned paper
With the patterned paper laying on your paper trimmer align the long edge at 2” cut up to 1 ½” also cut from 3 ¾” to 5 ¼” (edge of paper)
With short edge of paper aligned at 1 ½” cut to the 2” mark to remove the corner. Repeat for other corner.

Repeat above steps on second piece of patterned paper.

For the center piece cut the same patterned paper as you used for the front and back panel. I cut mine at 2 ¼” x 3 ¾”.

From a different patterned paper cut two strips at 1 ½” x 8”
Take one strip and cut two 2” long pieces off the strip. You will be left with a 4” x 1 ½” strip.
It is an extra step, but then on each 1 ½” x 2” piece and remove 1/16” for the 1 ½” side and the 2” side.
On the 4” x 1 ½” piece remove 1/16” from the 1 ½” x 4” edges.

Repeat above steps on second strip.

After the trimming you will have four-- 1 7/8” x 1 15/16” pieces
And two-- 1 7/8” x 3 15/16”

On the Baby's First Easter Card here are the other measurements.
For the White mat I used the Easter cartridge and cut it out at 3”
I forget what I cut the bunny at and for Baby’s First Easter I welded the letters together in Design Studio with the Winter Woodland cart at 1”.

No comments:

Post a Comment